Student leadership in schools provides the opportunity for a number of senior students to develop their individual capacity to lead and influence others in a responsible manner.
The development of student leadership skills involves opportunities which encourage students to:
- act in roles of responsibility with integrity and honesty
- foster a sense of vision and purpose
- work with others to determine and achieve collective goals
- take on responsibilities and use decision making skills in order to carry a project through to a successful conclusion
- be active, reflective listeners who respond effectively
- earn the respect of others through their actions.